Indoor Soccer League (2014-2015) Session I & II
Mission Statement: To strengthen the quality of life for residents of the City of Plattsburgh, surrounding communities and visitors by professionally instituting safe and affordable programs, services, and facilities designed for all ages, cultures and abilities.
New additions to Indoor Soccer!!
City Teams only Meet n Greet: This season we have implemented the first week for the U-8, U-10 & U-12 indoor soccer sessions that will allow parents, players and coaches to not only have practice time but to meet each other and go over schedules. Please utilize this week to look over the schedules thoroughly and let us know of any changes that need to be made so we can limit the interruptions during the session.
This indoor soccer session we have also created a daily Ping Pong survey. This survey will not only bring a little fun to the day but also let us know if your kids are having fun so we can fix any problem areas.
Finally, there will now be a Player of the Week and a Coach of the Session!!
Indoor Soccer Rules
Welcome to the City of Plattsburgh Indoor Soccer Program! While you are reading these rules, please keep in mind that this league is set-up for the enjoyment of everyone.
AGE DIVISION RULES:
**U-8 uses small goals**
U-8 half field size 4 ball 4 vs. 4 (can be 5 vs. 5 if coaches want & (keepers optional)
U-10 half field size 4/5 ball 4 vs. 4 w/keepers (5 total unless coaches want to add extra players - both coaches must agree)
U-12 full field size 5 ball 7 vs. 7 w/keepers (7 total)
U-14 thru open divisions is full field, size 5 ball, 6 vs. 6 w/keepers. (6 total)
ATTENTION: Payments must be received in full by your teams 2nd game or each game will result in a forfeit until payment has been received.
*** U-8 thru U-12 is co-ed. Coed leagues should have 2 rostered players of each sex on each team. It is not mandatory, but strongly advised that teams have boys & girls on the field at all times.
SCHEDULE CHANGES: Team captains will have the first 2 weeks of the session to look over their team's schedule. If a captain finds any games their team needs rescheduled, the captain must notify the Recreation Leader or City Soccer Staff. We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but they are not guaranteed. After 2 weeks have completed, all schedules are FINAL and games cannot be rescheduled.
· Players must have age appropriate shin guards to participate.
· Only plastic or soft-soled shoes are permitted on field turf. NO METAL!
· All players must wear matching colored shirts with the keepers wearing a contrasting color.
· All jewelry must be off prior to start of games or taped if unable to be removed.
- Games are (2) – (25) minute halves with a (2) minute halftime.
- All A Division leagues will have 10 games with the top 4 teams making the playoffs and the champions receiving shirts. All B division leagues will consist of 8 games with no playoffs
- Games need to start on time. There is a five-minute wait period if one or more of the teams are not on time. The clock will start at the scheduled time. After five minutes, 4 rostered players must be ready to play. If there are less then 4 players then the game will be a forfeit.
- Rosters must be set and handed in by the 2nd game. Players may play on more than one team as long as they are on the team’s roster. Any player who is not on the team’s roster after the 2nd game and wants to play for them must pay the individual player fee (check or money order only) and then can be added. Any team found with a non-rostered player after the 2nd game will result in a forfeit. Players on multiple rosters when entering playoffs must receive prior approval from opposing team.
- If a team is down 5 goals or more during a game, they may add an extra player until the differential is below 5 goals.
Playoffs Tie Rules:
- If a game is tied at the end of regulation, the following rules will occur.
- 1) Each team will start the overtime with NO GOALIE in a sudden death environment. Whoever kicked off to start the game will kick off to start this sudden death. Once a goal is scored, the game will be over. If there is no goal within 2 minutes then:
- 2) Each team will remove another player in a 2 minute sudden death overtime. Teams must remove 1 player each 2 minute sudden death overtime until there is just a 1 on 1 overtime, at which point, it will be an untimed overtime until someone scores.
- 3) No substitutions are permitted once the overtime 2 minute period has begun. Substitutions can occur before or after each 2 minute overtime.
SOCCER PLAYING RULES:
- Goalies have six seconds to release ball from their hands.
- Substitutions: 1 or 2 Players may sub “on the fly”. If more than 2 substitutions are required, there must be a stoppage in play and players must alert the official.
- Out of bounds: balls that cross the sidelines will be throw-ins. Balls that hit the ceiling or anything directly connected will be indirect kicks, straight down from where it hits. Exceptions: 1) If the ball was already out of bounds when it hit. 2) If the ball hits directly above the penalty area, the ball will be placed directly outside the box. (It will be a throw in from area it went out of bounds).
- Goalie Pass back... a defender may not pass back deliberately, or receive a throw in from teammate... result is an indirect free kick. A ball cannot be kicked from goal box to goal box - the result is an indirect free kick at MIDFIELD.
- Kick offs are always an indirect kick and will switch direction at each half.
- There is no sliding (no knee or butt touching ground). Goalie is OK in their box.
- There are no off sides for indoor soccer.
- All contact fouls result in direct kicks.
- All non-contact fouls (obstruction, dangerous play) result in indirect kicks.
- On both kicks, opposing players must be 5 yards away.
- Once a team accumulates 6 or more fouls in a half, each foul there after will result in that team playing short handed by one player for 2 minutes.
- Yellow and red cards are given out for play/actions that warrant them. When a player receives a yellow card, their team plays short handed for two minutes. If opposing team scores, the sit-down time is over.
- Yellow cards are given out for, but not limited to: spitting on turf, swearing, taunting, unruly physical play, persistent fouling, and disrespect at referee, teammate or opponent.
- If a player receives two yellow cards in the same game, that player misses the remainder of that game and the following game. On the third yellow card of the 2012-13 sessions, that player is done for the remainder of that game and misses the next. Every card there after results in missing the remainder of the game and the next. Cards DO carry over from session to session.
- Red cards are given out for serious foul play, extreme disrespect, any action in which the referee feels warranted. Red card carries a penalty of 5 minutes playing short handed OR UNTIL THE OPPOSING TEAM SCORES. Any player receiving 2 red cards in session I and/or session II (cards carry over) will miss the remainder of both sessions and must request via letter to be reinstated next year.
- If a red card is received, you miss the remainder of that game and the next two. Additional sanctions can be brought if more actions occur afterwards.
Individuals & teams can play up/down ONE age group with an age waiver signed AND approved by the City Recreation Department.
*Coaches are responsible for verifying age requirements.
The City of Plattsburgh Recreation Department will have final say on all matters.
Don’t forget, the earlier you sign up for a full team, the cheaper the registration fee will be. By doing so this helps us prepare and distribute schedules to everyone in a timely manner.
Though we realize there will be a competitive component to the indoor soccer program, we ask that you remember to put the fun first. Remember, “It’s just a game.”